The American Federation of Teachers has launched a new website called sharemylesson.com for educators to upload, share, and download resources for free. The site also includes online forums where educators can discuss topics ranging from classroom management to the Common Core Curriculum.
Resources for Grieving Students
- National Center for School Crisis and Bereavement – Director Dr. Schonfeld, an internationally known expert on childhood grieving, has put together a thorough web page with essential resources for educators. Topics include: School Resources, Psychological First Aid, and Parent Guide.
- After a Loved One Dies – How Children Grieve – A tool for parents and educators to help grieving children.
- Guidelines for Schools Responding to a Death by Suicide (PDF)
- Guidelines for Responding to the Death of a Student or School Staff (PDF)
- The Grieving Student: A Teacher’s Guide – Top childhood crisis experts show how to provide sensitive, effective support to grieving K-12 students.
- Credential Renewal
Direct link to California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) site that provides applications and requirements for credential renewal.
- Online Credential Renewal
Effective January 1, 2007 the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing will require all professional clear credential holders to renew their credentials online. The renewal process works for 30 Day Substitute permits and most Child Development Permits. Within two weeks a renewed credential can be issued. The online renewal process requires payment by VISA or MasterCard. District computers are available for use.
- State Board of Education Content Standards
- National Board Certification, California
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Online Resources for New Teachers
Please let us know if you find links that are out of date or have additional links or subject areas that you would like us to include.